Click here to order the print book
Jump-Start Your Career as a Digital Librarian: A LITA Guide (LITA Guides)
- activities and roles of the digital librarian, including:
- management of digital projects and collaboration
- developing and using transferable skills
- becoming familiar with metadata
- how digital librarians are re-shaping scholarly publishing
- the concept and framework of digital preservation best practices
- technical competencies such as XML and content management systems
Familiarity with digital practices is increasingly important for all information professionals, and this book offers a solid foundation in the discipline.
Monson, Jane D. Jump-Start Your Career as a Digital Librarian: A LITA Guide. Chicago: ALA, Neal-Schuman, 2013. 248 pp.
2013/softbound/ ISBN 978-1555708771 $48.99