Click here to order the print book
The Library Innovation Toolkit: Ideas, Strategies, and Programs
edited by Anthony Molaro and Leah L. White
- The importance of creating organizational structures that lead to innovation
- Strategies for getting library staff and other stakeholders on board and engaged, complete with a step-by-step toolkit for achieving innovative outcomes
- Ways to expand the library beyond its walls to deliver exceptional and innovative services to library users
- Money-saving initiatives that use technology to improve users experience
- Innovative uses of library spaces, such as designing and implementing a digital media lab
- Examples of creative programming, from running a C2E2-style comic convention, creating an idea forum, to re-envisioning a children's writing club and launching Readtember, a month of literacy programs featuring zombies, dads, and gaming
This valuable sourcebook encourages readers to take big risks, ask deeper questions, strive for better service, and dream bigger ideas.
Molaro, Anthony and Leah L. White, eds. The Library Innovation Toolkit: Ideas, Strategies, and Programs. Chicago, ALA, 2015. 216 pp.
2015/softbound/ ISBN-13: 978-0838912744 $55.